The college is conscious of the need to provide an efficient process for families to be able to buy and sell their second-hand textbooks and other student resources.
I am delighted to inform you of the school’s new initiative to provide parents with the ability to trade these second-hand items via the Sustainable School Shop website. www.sustainableschoolshop.com.au
Results from other schools have been excellent – families have enjoyed a very comprehensive and convenient method of buying and selling second-hand items.
The new service is very accessible, it preferences our school first and then provides access to buy and sell items with families attending other schools – many schools use this service. Access to second-hand textbooks, calculators, stationery, musical equipment, etc is available all year.
For the best results:
- Register on the Sustainable School Shop website
- List your items for sale
- List wanted ads for those items you are looking to buy
- The college’s booklists are loaded into the system to make listing ads easy
- The system matches the ads of buyers with sellers and notifies the buyer via email
- Buyers contact sellers and arrange where and when to trade
- Most trading will occur with other parents from the school
- Parents are well supported via Sustainable School Shop’s telephone (0438 743 444) and email help lines
- The system is simple and easy to use – If you don’t have a computer, internet access or an email address, please call the Sustainable School Shop for assistance
- You can pre-arrange the transaction and then trade after the texts are not required.
Families are offered three levels of access:
- Search only – registering/logging-in on the Sustainable School Shop, searching all the for sale ads and gaining the sellers’ contact details is free.
- Single items cost $1.50 to be advertised
- Subscription – an annual subscription costs $21.95 and is the most anyone will pay. These are taken by families who have many items to advertise.