The College was established in 1882. It is one of the finest Victorian government schools closest to Melbourne CBD, and well-served by public transport in the form of train, tram and bus services. It is a P-12 college.
We pride ourselves on achieving academic excellence in a friendly and supportive learning atmosphere. We are in close proximity to the University of Melbourne and RMIT. Our students consistently gain 100% completion of VCE. We passionately believe in the potential of every student, and we encourage every individual to achieve their best.
- In 1995, Collingwood College applied for and achieved accreditation of providing tuition, care and support to International students.
- In 2002, the College became a member of the Council of Internationally Accredited Schools, one of only a handful of government schools in Australia.
Our Learning Environment
- Academic excellence
- High expectations
- Disciplined environment
- Positive work ethic
- Cultural openness and diversity
- Supportive staff
Our International Students
We have a vigorous international student program with students from around the world. Some of the countries they come from are: Vietnam, China, Japan, Iran, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Cambodia, Chile, Indonesia, Korea, Russia, Malyasia and Swaziland.
The college encourages all students to become confident and acquire knowledge and skills that are valued internationally, enabling them to effectively enter universities in Australia or in their countries.
Collingwood College graduates go on to study at the University of Melbourne, Monash University, RMIT, Victoria University, La Trobe University and some Institutes of Technical and Further Education.
VCE at Collingwood College
Our VCE program is academic and rigorous. We are determined that our students should have a fulfilling experience of study and achieve their potential. In partnership with Fitzroy High School we offer a rich and varied VCE program in order to broaden opportunities and give wider choices. We are able to offer around 100 VCE units over two years. VCE courses are tailored to meet the individual needs of students. We regularly review progress and support our students to achieve their best results.
Please see the VCE Programs page for more information.
- New Library and Resource Centre
- VCE Study Area with Computer access
- School Theatre
- Dance Studio
- Music Studio (2)
- Multi-media Room
- Gymnasium (2)
- Tennis, Basketball and Netball Court
- Several Computer Lab’s
- State of the art Design and Technology Centre
- School Canteen— healthy food served at reasonable price
- English as a Second language (EAL) Classes
- Chinese Language Classes
- Variety of sports program
- Instrumental and orchestra
- Homework Club—Operates in the library after school 3.05pm-5pm from Monday until Thursday. This is a supervised free service
- Tutorials—develops study and examination skills
- Advocacy —with La Trobe University for individual students
Please see the Programs page for more information.
Student Support Services
Apart from your Home group teachers and Year-level coordinators, the College has a team of dedicated staff that offer support for international students.
School Principal: Dale Perichon
Secondary Principal: Craig Bradley
Primary Principal: Sam Luck
International Student Coordinator: Lucy Wang
Welfare Worker: Gareth Rego
Careers Teacher: Lisa Owens
We also have an Educational Psychologist, a Paediatrician, a Speech Pathologist and a Youth Worker available by appointment.
- Our sister school—Suzhou High School of Jiangsu Province with 4000 students, located in Suzhou, a city famous worldwide for silk, picturesque gardens.
- Special relationship with Melbourne University through the Kwong Lee Dow Young Scholars Program
- An affiliation with RMIT and La Trobe University
Collingwood College is one of the finest Victorian Government Schools.
IED (International Education Division), of the Education Department, administers all the applications from International Students for places in all Victorian Government Schools. Please make applications through IED.
For more information about Collingwood College’s International Student Program, please contact International Student Coordinator Lucy Wang.
Telephone (from China): 00-61-3-9412 7729
Facsimile: 03- 9416 1279
For more information about the Victorian Government Schools’ International Student Program such as application procedures, school fees, application forms, key policies, etc., please visit this website: www.study.vic.gov.au
Department of Education and Training
CRICOS Provider Code: 00861K