The Collingwood College school council is a group of elected parents and school staff who oversee the planning of the College’s future.
Membership of the council includes parents, DET employees (including the Principal) and co-opted community members.
- Develops the school’s strategic plan
- Determines the school’s general educational policy
- Approves and monitors the school’s budget
- Supervises the management and maintenance of buildings and grounds
- Establishes structure for consulting parents on decisions
- Reports annually to the Minister of Education and the school community
- Generally stimulates interest in the school
Collingwood College Council 2015
President: Michael Carver email@example.com
Vice-President: Maya Starr firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Sherrian Poon
Minute Secretary: Anne Brown email@example.com
Principal: Dale Perichon firstname.lastname@example.org
Liria Stratus email@example.com
Chris Astley firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Bradley email@example.com
Jacinta Walker firstname.lastname@example.org
Toni Turner email@example.com
Paul Gardiner firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Council usually meets on the last Thursday of each month at 6pm in Meeting Room 1. Members of the College community are welcome to attend any or all school council and sub-committee meetings.
There are five sub-committees of school council for which we always keen to receive expressions of interest in becoming a member:
- Education Policy Committee
- Building and Grounds Committee
- Finance Committee
- Communications Committee
- Student Services Policy Committee.
Dates and times of all council and sub-committee meetings are shown on the College Calendar – although please double-check with the school if you are planning to attend a meeting as some of these times can change during the year.
If you would like to attend a school council or sub-committee meeting, please contact the office so that we can arrange for a school representative to welcome you to the meeting.
There is more information about School Councils on the Department of Education and Training’s website.