The College Library provides a wide range of information resources and facilities to meet both the curriculum and recreational needs of staff and students.
Monday to Thursday 8.00 – 5.00pm
Friday 8.00 – 3.30pm
The Library is open before and after school, closed during morning recess and open during lunch every day. The Library is open to the Year 11 and 12 students at all times.
Phone 9412 7719
The Library provides an attractive and welcoming environment including a computer research area, tables for 60 students for private study or class bookings and a quiet reading area where students can sit in comfy armchairs for quiet reading or discussion.
Library resources include:
- Reference books – a large collection servicing all areas of the curriculum
- Non-fiction books – supporting curriculum and recreational needs as well as books and dictionaries in other languages
- Fiction books – picture books, junior fiction, young adult fiction and a selection of classics for staff and parents
Students have access to computers, a photocopier, digital cameras, multi media projectors.
The fiction collection is housed in a separate room next to the main library and has comfortable and colourful seats. The collection covers a wide range of genre and age groups with emphasis on current Australian fiction including an impressive collection of timeless classics.
Homework Club operates between 3.00 – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday.
- Victorian Education Channel – Schools – a new website for students with links to curriculum resources, for parents about school and beyond school information and educational events in Victoria, and for teachers with curriculum planning and resources.
- KidsClick – a great directory aimed at student’s needs, arranged in a user-friendly structure.
- Melbourne Library Service
- City of Yarra Library
- Collingwood Library opening hours and contact details
- State Library of Victoria
- Kids Wikipedia
The Australian Collaboration Free online fact and issue sheets about Australia and its people.
The Australian Museum Fact sheets
Geoscience Australia Fact sheets about earthquakes and natural hazards, geomagnetism and minerals.