We look forward to welcoming you to Collingwood College as we celebrate our 2016 Spring Fair.
Here’s a preview of the festivities, or check out the 2016 Spring Fair Program
For the Young & Young-at-heart
– Circus Oz workshops (12:00pm-2:00pm – spots limited!), The Great Collingwood College Crate Stacking Competition (final @ 2:00pm), Stunt Bikes, Face Painting, Henna Tattoos, Hair Braiding, Animal Nursery, Limestone Carving, Australian Native Wildlife Interactive Presentations, Terrarium Making, Fairy Furniture, Garland Making, Permesso Collective Experiential Art Experience, the much loved Jaffa Smash, the return of the Children’s Tent, and the unveiling of Mrs. Pockets to name many, but not all…
Things we have made & loved:
– our ‘Made with Love’ craft stall, Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Preserves (made by the children in Kitchen Classes), Seedlings & other green excitement, the good old fete Cake Stall & pre-loved clothes & books.
– start your day with coffee by the fabulous social-enterprise STREAT, feast on Collingwood College’s wood-fired pizza or a gourmet sausage (generously donated by Jonathan’s of Collingwood) or tasty curry and rice. The chai & lemonade stalls will be in action & we welcome our first parent run African coffee stall. Our bar is generously sponsored by Stomping Ground Brewery & Blackhearts & Sparrows for 2016.
For those who like to bid:
– we have some fabulous donations for our Silent & Loud Auctions. You can bid on it all at the Spring Fair & can have a sneak peak & early bid at www.32auctions.com/collingwoodcollege2016
See our school:
– our Primary Steiner & Reggio Emilia inspired classrooms will be open with teachers to talk to, take a school tour and check out the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden.
– Welcome to Country by Cultural Infusion, Maypole, student Dance Performances, student Orchestra Performances and Battle of the Bands. We will be featuring the beautifully talented Elvy Swan (her song ‘Time’ was featured on Triple J Unearthed) & Charm of Finches (Mabel and Ivy released their debut album ‘Staring at the Starry Ceiling’ in August). Finish the day out in the Big Marquee featuring ‘Cookin’ on 3 Burners’ @ 3pm.
See you there!