Prep Transition Sessions
Prep Transition sessions allow your child to spend a small amount of time in a Collingwood College classroom, with experienced and familiar staff. This is only for students and their families who have already enrolled.
When are the Transition Sessions?
Session One – Friday 18th November 9.30 – 11.30am
Session Two – Tuesday 22nd November 9.30 – 11.30am
Session Three – Thursday 1st December 9.30 – 11.30am
Session Four – Tuesday 6th December 9.30 – 11.30am
What will happen at the transition sessions?
Students will spend time during these sessions familiarising themselves with the classroom and other play and learning spaces. They will begin to build positive relationships with Collingwood College Staff and other students.
Making the Transition Sessions a Success
- Arrive at school with sufficient time to say a fond farewell to your child before class begins.
- Sign in for the transition session at the sign-in table in the canteen, then make your way to the appropriate classroom.
- Seek assistance promptly from the teacher if transition procedures are causing undue upset for your child.
- Double -check finishing times for the transition session.
- Be punctual when collecting your child from the session – a few minutes to you may seem a long time to a child left waiting. Notify Collingwood College on 9417 6681 if you are unavoidably detained.
- Make time for your child at the end of the session. Listen BUT don’t ask too many questions.
- Reinforce codes of behaviour and school procedures.
- Your positive attitude and supportive guidance will foster in your child confidence in their own ability to negotiate this new experience.